Making Time for Mom
Every day you see busy moms running around town and all over stores taking care of her family. There is nothing they will not do for their family. From running to get groceries, to that parent group meeting, lunch at school with the kids or after school sports. (The list just goes on and on.) This is the most important aspect of our lives but we can’t forget to make time for ourselves. We need time to recharge and regroup too! When we are recharged it helps us feel better and makes getting everyday task done easier. Plus, this makes for a happier mom. 🙂 You know the saying “happy wife, happy life”, well I believe this also applies to moms. Below are some ideas to relax and recharge your mind and body.
1. Plan a Girls’ Night Out Dinner. Gather a few girlfriends and meet at a local restaurant once a month for some much need adult conversation. (A night where you are not having to ask your kiddos to stop fighting with each other.)
2. Take a hot bath. Use your favorite bubble bath and soaps as a way to relax and de-stress.
3. Start journaling and take a few minutes each day to journal your thoughts and feelings.
4. Take a nap. A real nap…not just flopping down on the couch! Get in bed, under the covers.
5. Go for a drive. Play your favorite tunes, put the windows down, and let the wind blow through your hair.
6. Go for a pedicure and manicure
7. Take a walk
And, last but not least….
DO NOTHING! (Yes, it’s really okay…)